Last updated February 3, 2020.
Your privacy is very important to us. To help protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
Your personal information is not required to visit wpminder.com. Any personal information collected is knowingly provided by you and only when requested or required, either in a contact form, newsletter or blog post signup form, affiliate signup form, or during account registration and the ordering process.
The Information We Collect:
- We collect and maintain personal data on active clients including name, address, phone, email and website and other login details, for the purpose of billing, connecting our services to your site via our plugins, and providing support as needed for your website.
- We collect and maintain the email address of users who sign up for our newsletter(s).
- We use non-identifying and aggregate information collected from site traffic tools to better design our website using analytics tools. IP addresses are anonymized to remove personally identifiable information.
- We rely on “cookie” technology to allow you to re-access your registered account profile when you re-visit wpminder.com. This technology is employed solely for your convenience.
- Our host server automatically collects access data for each site visit for its site logs. This may include the name of the website, files viewed, date and time of the visit, browser types and versions, operating system, and the IP address (a numeric address for your computer, assigned by your Internet service provider).This is not linked to any personal information, except to the extent necessary to prevent fraud or abuse.
Why We Need This Information:
We need personal information in order to respond to your requests for information, publish your comments (comments are not published anonymously), process your orders, contact you regarding support as part of your active subscription, contact you with special offers or information pertaining to your active subscription, and to send you our newsletter.
Opting Out of Our Personal Information Collection
You may opt-out of us collecting your personal information at any time by not inputting data into our website, or by contacting us.
At your request we will:
- Export your personal data (if any) collected by our website for your review.
- Erase your personal data (if any) collected by our website.
The Sale of Personal Information
WP Minder does not sell personal user information.
The Way We Use Information:
We will always take reasonable steps to keep all personal data secure and inaccessible to unauthorized individuals. Your information is maintained on a secure web server in a protected server facility. No credit card data is ever stored on our website.
Cookies are small text files that reside on your computer, and the information they contain is set and accessed by the servers of the websites that you visit.
- Help remember and process your orders.
- Understand and save your preferences for future visits.
- Help us compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since every browser is different, look at your browser’s Help documents to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. But, if you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
The content or services of third-party suppliers are incorporated into our site as part of the display, functionality, or user experience, such as fonts. The incorporation of third-party content is always subject to the third-party supplier being aware of your IP address; they cannot send content to your browser without an IP address. Your IP address is therefore required in order for the content to be shown or the service provided.
- We share personal information to billing companies (Stripe) for processing transactions. Stripe is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield. For more information: https://stripe.com/us/privacy.
- We share personal information with newsletter services companies (Mailchimp) for the purpose of sending you the newsletter or blog post updates you request, which you can cancel at any time using the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails. Mailchimp is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield. For more information: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
- We use external fonts from Google, Inc., (‘Google Fonts’). Google Fonts are incorporated when a Google server is accessed, usually in the USA. Google is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Agreement, thereby guaranteeing compliance with European data protection laws. For more information: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
- We use Font Awesome fonts loaded from a CDN on the site. Font Awesome requires an IP address to be collected and stored at the CDN location and collects data about what icon files are downloaded and when. For more information: https://fontawesome.com/privacy.
- Backups of this website are transmitted over an encrypted connection (via SSL) to private offsite storage by Liquid Web with 256-bit encryption and stored for no more than 30 days. Liquid Web is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield. For more information: https://www.liquidweb.com/about-us/policies/certifications/.
While we make every effort to preserve your privacy, personal information may be disclosed when required by law where we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
Do Not Track Signals
Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. We support Do Not Track (“DNT”). You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
If your personally identifiable information changes (such as email, address, zip code, or phone number), or if you no longer desire our service, please contact us to correct, update or delete your personal data. This can be done at an active customer’s account page, for corrections, or by contacting us.
We keep the data we need to do our work, and for tax purposes for at least 7 years after your last purchase. But if you cancel service, we’ll remove our plugins and your account information. And, we’ll request that you remove both our WordPress and FTP logins – this is your responsibility and not in our control.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. The servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment, in a locked facility with 24/7 monitoring in place.
Our order form asks customers to enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers). That information is protected by 256-bit encryption via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) (More information about how SSL works can be found here).
You provide a special login to your site just for WP Minder, as well as an FTP login so that we can access site settings and files for security audits and support as needed. Essential sensitive information such as FTP access and WordPress account logins are stored offline in an encrypted, password protected database.
Data Breach Procedures
Our website undergoes an annual security audit to identify common security issues. In the event of a data breach, we will work with our host or the third-party service provider affected to determine the cause of the breach so it can be prevented from happening again. We will notify registered users and those who submitted a form on the site. We will also notify the Colorado attorney general within 30 days if the number of potentially affected users is more than 500.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. If you have questions about their practices, please contact them directly.
Notification of Changes
How To Contact Us
If you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please contact us.